We Are the Servants of the Lord
We had a great pilgrimage retreat in preparation for World Youth Day Panama. Packed our bags in practice for Panama, and hiked 10 miles on the Ice Age Trail to Holy Hill. We enjoyed great team bonding as we each shared something we learned about Panama, The Spansih language, and the Patron Saints of this World Youth Day; we also enjoyed the beauty of God’s Creation on the Ice Age Trail and Holy Hill.
We prayed Holy Hour and Vespers with the friars, and we camped out in a field, working as a team to set up camp, share our food rations and enjoy comradere around the campfire.
We discovered the main principles of Pilgrimage, whether for a trip like this or for the pilgrimage of life:
- Bring a Joyful Spirit
- Travel light
- If you see a restroom, use it
- If you are offered food or water, receive it
- Share what you have with all
- Be concerned for your fellow companions
- Put your talents and gifts to work for the benefit of all and the Greater Glory of God
- Offer up your pain and suffering with Christ’s on the Cross, for your benefit and the benefit of all
- Have an Attitude of Gratitude for all things
- Glorify God in all things
Speak your Word in me, Lord, and let your Will be done.